I am a huge advocate for private practice to facilitate mental health services to our communities. We will explore what the advantages are of opening a private practice in your community. It will be important to look for what reasons motivate YOU to open your practice.
1. Accessibility–Many huge clinical and non-profits are overwhelmed by large wait lists, under trained staff, interns, etc. Clients want to know they can come in to see you when they are in pain. Sitting on a wait list for 4-8 weeks does not motivate the client to seek treatment. In fact, many will get discouraged and either find another provider who can see them quicker or make the decision to not seek services. Private Practices allow for clients to have same week or next week appointments based on availability of Clinicians.
2. Highly Trained Clinicians—You will see a fully licensed Clinicians who has met standards in the field to completed a Masters Degree, at least 3,000 work hours, and at least 100 supervision hours of post masters training. You will know this person has experience and can trust they will do their best to treat you!
3. Small Office Setting—You will not be in a huge Clinic with a waiting room of 30 people waiting. You will be in the waiting room with none or a couple of people depending on if you select a solo practice versus a group practice.
4. Network of Therapist–Private Clinicians often have colleagues in the area who treat different disorders and can network to find you the best care if they cannot help you with your specific problem
5. Level of Care–Private Practice Clinicians are small business owners who truly care about their clients and how their practice is represented in the community. This translates to you that they will go above and beyond to deliver quality care.
As a private practice clinician, it is important to identify the advantages to market to your clients why they should choose YOU versus highly visible mental health clinics. If you are looking to start or grow a mental health practice, contact me at www.StokesConsultingServices.com